Sunday, 6 April 2014

Memoirs Of A Geisha

Last weekend I attended a house party for my friends birthday and the theme was 'Around The World'. I love getting creative around a good theme however I loathe to spend money on an outfit you are going to wear once - I'm a tight-arse!!  Therefore the creativity usually comes into customising current pieces or if the look calls for it, make-up.  This look is allll about the make-up :) Although I am obsessed with watching make-up tutorials - I thank God for the likes of PixiWoo, Lisa Eldridge, Tanya Burr everyday - I rarely step outside of my neutral eye, bright lip combination as it is where I feel comfortable and socially acceptable! However at fancy dress parties you can pretty much get away with anything so it is an awesome time to experiment - that is where my outrageous eyes, blue eye-shadow, red lip 80s type combo came in!!

So in my wardrobe I had a kimono already and because I have big eyes I can get away with rather exaggerated eye make-up so thought a Geisha would be a good choice for me.  Minimal clothing effort, maximum make-up artistry!  I went for an extremely lined eye, a blue eye-shadow with neutral tones, massive falsies and a sharp red lip.  Eye palettes used were the white matte and midnight blue shadows from Stila 'In The Light' palette (amazing palette) and the turquoise shade from the Sleek Mediterranean palette.  Also used was the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty as cheeks needed to be really pigmented and long-lasting, check check!  I recently go this blusher from America, it was my only NEED item from the whole trip, and I absolutely bloody love it!!



Kimono - French Connection, Bardot Dress - Miss Selfridge

Also to achieve the look I used lots of concealer - YSL touche eclat, 17 phwooar paint - and Garnier Light Roll-On Anti Dark Circles to further lighten the area.  I very sharply lined the lips and used lots of red lipstick for an exaggerated pout.  Of course the hair was a very tight bun complete with diffuser sticks - as you do!!  Hope you like the look.  What would you go as for an around the world theme?

1 comment:

  1. i really like this.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete